Friday, August 12, 2011

Oh my... miracle!

As you probably know by now we knew that our MOWCFY letter would be about 30 days after our court date. So, that put us at receiving our approval letter at the end of September. The problem with that was the courts were closing sometime around August 8th. It looked as if the judge was going to be gone, doors were locked at some point and even though the letter was there, the judge wasn't. That meant that it wouldn't matter since the judge needed to sign off on the documents in order to make B ours and start the paperwork to bring her home. If we didn't get that letter and the judge didn't sign off on it, then we would have had to wait until sometime in October before she returned. Then the up to 8 week wait for Embassy paperwork would start. It was looking bad, like maybe even December would be the month we would bring her home. It might not sound long to some, but try it out sometime after you meet your child.

We were praying for a miracle. That's what it was going to take. We were hopeful, but not necessarily that God was going to do this for us. We were just hopeful in Him. We knew He had a plan. We wanted His plan. We still prayed for this miracle and just honestly told Him that without His eyes we weren't able to know what was best and that we were going to pray for all we knew to pray for.

One of the moms we travelled with told me a story of how God spoke to her through her 3 year old daughter and said, "I hear you. I see you." I felt like that word was for me also. It was very comforting. I had some quiet time with Him last week after the very bad day I had of putting away the smaller baby clothes and hanging up the 12 month clothes, not being sure she would even fit into these by the time she got home. During this quiet time I just sat and tried to listen. I just tried to focus on His presence. It was good to just be like that. That afternoon I had inexplicable peace.

Later in the day I realized He was telling my heart to bury the plans that I had been forming and to be open to the plans He had for us. His plans were better and there were reasons. It wasn't just chance or because He didn't have time to get to us. There were reasons. I also felt like He was telling me to get ready for Him to reveal Himself in an exciting way.

The peace was still with me the next day and then I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the opportunity to make B ours and to raise her in our home. I realized that I needed to spend my time thanking God and not pushing my plan on Him. So, I have been focused on this ever since, just waiting on His next move.

Last night our partnering agency sent an email that had some good information in it for the families who had court dates up to ours. Then, it read some news that didn't look very encouraging for our families. We were disappointed, but trying to remember to be thankful and to trust in His plan.

I was watering flowers this morning and when I came back in the house the phone was ringing. It was the familiar voice I have come to love saying, "Becky, are you sitting down?" My body just froze! I said something profound like, "WHAT?" Then came the news that the MOWCFY came in and the judge signed off on the documents and B was OURS! It was clear to me that this was God moving. Maybe He whispered into the ear of that wonderfully dedicated judge to stay on a little longer. Maybe He did the same to the people working tirelessly at MOWCFY. On a side note I would like to hug and thank the judge and MOWCFY. Did I tell you how much I love Ethiopians??? But, it is going to be doubted among some that this was a miracle, but I will never doubt.


Here she is in all her cuteness.

I have some of the greatest friends and family. Thank you for your prayers and support and for your kind words and encouragement. Now here's to praying and hoping for travelling in 6 weeks or less to go get that girl and bring her home!

3 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL NEWS! I saw pics of B on FB and knew that I had to come read your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, Thanks for sharing the whole picture. God is sooooo good! I had heard this was going to happen (Nathan heard while in Ethiopia). I am so glad it did and I am so glad your little girl is one of the children who passed! The Lemanski Family is so excited for you!!

    :)Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your precious Baby B!! We met her in Adama and she is such a cutie! Email me at ashleyhemphill(at)gmail(dot)com
    ashley =)

    ReplyDelete