Thursday, April 21, 2011

What we know and what we can't tell you.

It's been awhile since I have updated you on our adoption. It's not because I haven't tried. I even have a draft saved from a month ago. The problem is that there are certain things I can share on a blog and some things I can't. The some things I can't are very important and so it has left me unsure of how to write an update.

I can tell you that we are waiting on a referral for our little girl. What I can't tell you is everything else. However, I can share with you the details of this in person or on personal messages.

Why am I writing then? I am writing because I am having a very difficult time this week and we could really use some prayers sent our way. We have known some more specific information since January 18th. It was hard keeping it to ourselves until March, but we felt it was important. Now it's just painful. But, we know there is a plan. We know there is a reason. We don't know what the plans or the reasons are, but we know the One who makes them and we fully trust in Him.

There have been very few times that we have felt that we have not been in control of our lives. The reality is that there have been plenty of times we have not had any control, but honestly, there is a difference between knowing that and not knowing that. T and I both agree that this has been the most difficult season of our 11 years married. Once we recognized and acknowledged our complete lack of control in this situation we were able to rest in it. I know this sounds strange because I would not have understood it before either. I would have said I understood it, but I can tell you now that there is nothing like the feeling of standing on a cliff with your back to the unknown and letting yourself fall back. You fall back because you KNOW that God will catch you. I have experienced our Father in a way I never have before. He is very present with us right now.

But, until we can bring our daughter home we are desperate for your prayer. We need prayer for her health, for her to be loved, for her caregivers to be encouraged, for their provisions like food and basic needs, and for us to have peace while we wait. And please pray that the necessary paperwork is obtained quickly.

Thank you for being in our lives and for your friendship.

4 comments:

  1. From one Ywam family to another, we will be Praying for you, for strength and peace. Thank you for posting. Your words, especially, "you fall back because you know God will catch you," have touched me. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky! I have been thinking about you. Of course we are way behind you in the process and have no referral, but I have a strong sense of urgency and longing to bring our child home. And I know you feel that even more so because you have a face and a name. I will be praying for you and for your little girl. She has many interceding for her and I trust that God will gather her up in His arms and keep her until you can hold her in your arms. May He "part the waters" to bring her to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hit a major snag with our first adoption that caused a pretty significant delay. For a period of time we were not sure if we would be able to bring her home. After getting Bella home, the pain of that time faded so quickly, and we were "allowed" to see God's fingerprints all over it. Such an unexpected blessing. From one YWAM family to another, please know that we are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky,
    We're a YWAM family who has also been waiting since January for our referral. It has been an INCREDIBLY difficult last three months, but we too have experienced God's grace in ways we never knew were possible. If you ever need a sounding board, feel free to email me at tarardunn@gmail.com:).

    Tara

    ReplyDelete