Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Waiting and not liking it
Oh, the lessons learned in the wait. At least I hear that waiting is good for you. I'm not sure I buy into that. :) The good news is that we have found out why things are moving a little slower right now in Ethiopia. The director of our agency was able to meet with people who manage adoptions through ET with the US Embassy. They were able to confirm that the reason the initial court date scheduling is taking longer to receive is in an effort to make sure that all children placed for adoptions are in that situation legitimately. This is a good thing even though it is making us wait longer. In the recent past it was taking 4-6 weeks from time of acceptance of referral to court date. Now it is taking up to 3 months. This may not seem like long to you, but for parents apart from their child, it is treacherously long. So, we are going to wait and we are going to learn something in the process. But, we don't have to like it, just have to be obedient. We could use some prayer with that if you think about it. And, you could also pray for all the children, including ours, waiting for a mommy and daddy to come get them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am just now getting to know you via your blog. I love "meeting" other YWAM families! If you need some advice/encouragement through the waiting I'd be glad to offer some! We are on month 6 of waiting for our court date-- we signed our referral in July! At times the weeks seem to drag and others seem to fly by...it's all about my attitude and how much I am praying and reading the Bible.
ReplyDeleteI wish you luck on the rest of your wait, maybe we'll meet in flight to Ethiopia!
:)Melissa
Hi Melissa,
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to meet you too! I had no idea that some families were on a 6 month wait. That is not what I wanted to hear. Honestly, we were prepared for the wait to receive the referral, but we were dreading the wait after. We do not even have an official referral yet, but you are familiar with how things go with our agency. I have just loved them! I will start praying for you and that your wait will end.
Becky
Waiting is a tough spot. Lifting you up today. Such a delight to meet you! I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a great place to slip off my shoes and wade into His goodness.
ReplyDeleteSplashin,
Sarah
http://www.justsarahdawn.blogspot.com