We are two days away from sending in our dossier. The dossier is a compilation of many documents and certification from the US that we are approved to adopt a child from Ethiopia. We figured it would take at least a month for the Ministry of Widows and Orphans in Ethiopia to receive this, translate it, and approve us. Receiving a referral seemed months and months away. We have friends who waited 16 months for their referral and we assumed we would be waiting. This is a wait we are willing to make.
On Sunday while we were singing
All the way my Savior leads me,
What have I to ask beside?
Can I doubt His tender mercy,
Who through life has been my Guide?
Heav’nly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell!
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well;
For I know, whate’er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.
All the way my Savior leads me, Cheers each winding path I tread,
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.
Gives me grace for every trial,
Feeds me with the living Bread.
Though my weary steps may falter
And my soul athirst may be,
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see;
Gushing from the Rock before me,
Lo! A spring of joy I see.
All the way my Savior leads me,
Oh, the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way.
Oh, the fullness of His love!
Perfect rest to me is promised
In my Father’s house above.
When my spirit, clothed immortal,
Wings its flight to realms of day
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way;
This my song through endless ages:
Jesus led me all the way.
I went home and that night found an email from our agency letting us know that we needed to fill out one more questionnaire and phone call then we were ready for a referral. Yep, I had to read it over again too. Ready-for-a-referral. A referral is a picture of the child they think will fit our family best and all of the child's information. Then we wait for travel dates to meet the child and have a court visit in Ethiopia. Ummm, did she just write that we would be ready for a referral? You better believe we got that questionnaire filled out asap! Our phone call is Saturday. We don't know what all this will entail, but we get to talk with some great people from our agency.
So, things are moving. And so is God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKkDzII4s4s&feature=player_embedded#!
Are you a YWAM family? We are and this sounds like YWAM. :) Nice to meet you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so fantastic! I can't wait to hear about your call on Saturday!!!!
ReplyDelete